Clinical Finding

I have snomed code 271825005 which is clinical finding(for particular patient).

1.How can I identity which type of resource it is?
2.Their is any possibility that this code lies under different resource type?
3.And I want Boolean value from this code, How could I get?

There’s no formal way to tell what resource an arbitrary SNOMED code might appear in. How implementers use SNOMED and how they choose to expose their internal data as FHIR resources can vary. This specific code would most likely appear as an Observation or a Condition. It could also appear as a code as the “reason” for a wide variety of resources (encounter, various types of orders, etc.). If you want to express the result as a boolean, the only possible resource would be Observation as that’s the only resource that lets you capture a name-value pair.

Observation type resource always return value in quantity, so how can I evaluate result as boolean?

Observation can have values from a wide variety of data types - quantity, codeableConcept, dateTime, Attachment, etc. If the value is a boolean, then the element name would be valueBoolean.

Sir I have asked you one question that “How can I identity which type of resource it is?” and You have told me that “There’s no formal way to tell what resource an arbitrary SNOMED code might appear in. How implementers use SNOMED and how they choose to expose their internal data as FHIR resources can vary.”.
But their are some standard way to identity that which code system is used in which resource type?

FHIR uses vocabulary bindings to identify which codes to use for which elements. However, at the international level, most of those bindings are “preferred” or “example” bindings - which means that there’s no agreement internationally on what code system(s) to use. For example, for diagnosis codes, some systems might use SNOMED, others ICD10, others ICD9 and others something else. We can only dictate the choice of codes at the international level when there’s consensus.

So for many attributes, you need to look to country-specific or implementation-specific profiles to define what code system(s) should be used. Even within a country, the codes used for procedures might differ for a dentistry system or a veterinary system or a chiropractor’s system from what you’d find in an in-patient human surgical system.

The type of resource therefore isn’t going to be driven by what code system you’re using. The type of resource is going to be driven by the type of data you’re using. If you have a clinical finding and want to capture a boolean to indicates the presence or absence of the finding, then that means you’ll need to expose your data as an Observation. But in FHIR, not everyone will express that same fact the same way. Others might use Condition. And others will use a code system other than SNOMED.

So as per my requirement,I have to make a query in both Observation and condition until I get required output.Right?

If you want to capture all possible records with that code and don’t know any specifics about the server or organization you’re trying to talk to, then yes.