Group Observation Resources

Hi,
i want to use different Observation resources for a single blood pressure measurement (systolic, diastolic and heart rate). What should be a good way to group this resources?
I know I can send all this data in a single resource, but i need to send them separate and later be able to know wich ones belong to the same session :confused:

Thanks

You actually should use different Observations for all 3. Thatā€™s best practice. Common practice is to also create a parent ā€œblood pressureā€ Observation that has two ā€œrelatedā€ links that point to the systolic and diastolic blood pressure measurements. If you consider ā€œheart rateā€ to be part of that same observation, you could link it too, though thatā€™s not something Iā€™ve commonly seen done.

2 Likes

Thank you Lloyd, it was helpful.

Unfortunately, it was also wrong :frowning:

On further review, in R3 as per the vital signs profile, the requirement is that systolic and diastolic (and possibly mean arterial) will all be sent as components of a single Observation. (Heart rate would be a separate observation.)

So, letā€™s look at your requirement - why are you wanting them to be separate resources?