Assigning Measurable attribute to a body site in Condition Resource

We have a Condition resource with Body sites as a codeableConcept. But we want to figure out if the body site is measurable or not (some body sites such as bone is not considered measurable). This will be important factor in matching trials with the patient history. I see that there is a Measure FHIR resource and wondering if anyone associated that resource with body site or using any other resource.

Any insights into this issue is appreciated.

Thanks
Suresh

To me, this is a question of whether you want to capture the set of knowledge about measureable body sites, or only the question of whether some particular body site in a condition is measurable (as determined by some method not otherwise represented in the FHIR resources).

In either approach, the Measure resource is not so much about whether or not things are measureable, but what is the formula for calculating the measure (i.e. median time from admit decision to admission, or percentage of patients that have been appropriately screened for HIV).

In the simplest case, where you just want to indicate whether a body site is measureable and you’ve made that determination elsewhere, I’d recommend an extension on Condition.bodySite that indicates whether that particular bodySite is measureable.

If it’s representing knowledge about measureability of bodySites in general, I’d recommend using the BodyStructure resource with an extension about whether that site is measureable.

Alternatively, you could use a terminology to represent both the knowledge, and the application of that knowledge to a particular Condition.bodySite.

Thank you for your detailed response. That helped a lot in understanding the Measurable resource and how to fix our issue.

Thanks
Suresh