Can Task.create be used by itself?

Can Task.create be used by itself? or is it generated by another activity, such as when an Encounter is created?

Can you explain what you mean by “Task.create”?

1 Like

I apologize in advanced if i am asking a very simple question. How does a task get created in FHIR? is it based on some other action, such as an encounter getting opened?

Tasks can be created the same way as any other resource - by posting them to a server or by an internal “Task equivalent” being created that ends up being surfaced on the FHIR interface as a Task. In some situations Tasks might be spawned automatically based on protocol or common business processes. For example, if an imaging order is created and a clinic’s imaging orders are always routed to a particular imaging center, then the Task seeking fulfillment of the ServiceRequest might be auto-generated once the ServiceRequest is activated.

1 Like

got it. where can i locate just one example of what you describe in its simplest form?

There are examples of Task in the specification (click the examples tab) and on most of the reference servers. If you want an example of creating a Task, just use one of the test servers - there’s a link to a list of them near the bottom of the FHIR home page.