Chained parameter in CapabilityStatement

Hello,

Where do we express the support of a chained parameter in the CapabilityStatement resource?
Example: We can search DocumentReferences using author:Practitioner.name.

Thx

The SearchParameter.chain element allows you to indicate what chaining is permitted. Typically the CapabilityStatement will reference locally defined SearchParameter instances that are ā€˜derivedFromā€™ standard SearchParameters. The locally-defined (possibly even ā€˜containedā€™) SearchParameters will identify the specific local capabilities.

1 Like

Thank you Loyd,

If I am understanding correctly, for searching DocumentReference resources using:

• the search parameter ā€œpatient.identifierā€, we create a SearchParameter resource derived from standard ā€œpatientā€ SearchParameter with ā€œchainā€:ā€œidentifierā€.
  • What about ā€œauthor:Practitioner.nameā€?
    We create a SearchParameter resource derived from standard ā€œauthorā€ SearchParameter with ā€œmodifierā€:[ā€œtypeā€] and ā€œchainā€:[ā€œnameā€].
    Where do we specify that the resource type allowed for the modifier is Practitioner? In ā€œtargetā€:[ā€œPractitionerā€]?

Thank you again for your help

Practitioner would go in SearchParameter.base
You wouldnā€™t want to specify a modifier.

Isnā€™t SearchParameter.base for the resource type(s) this search parameter applies to? In my example, for the search parameter ā€œauthorā€, wouldnā€™t it be DocumentReference?
Or is ā€œauthor:Practitioner.nameā€ considered as a new parameter applied to Practitioner?
I thought the base should remain unchanged and that we have to specify somewhere else in the SeachParameter resource the type Practitioner as target type of the reference ā€¦