FHIR Genomics IG Versions?

Hi,
I’ve been looking into FHIR Genomics for the past year (no genomics background and no domain expert) and it feels like some links to the FHIR Genomics IG page leads to different versions.
Since FHIR Genomics is still being worked on by the WG, I thought the IG got updated but I’ve only recently noticed that I was being sent to different versions (either by google search, some other FHIR page, etc).

Which of the two links below is the most current IG?

1. GENOMICS-REPORTING\IG Home Page - FHIR v4.0.0
  2. HL7.FHIR.UV.GENOMICS-REPORTING\Home - FHIR v4.0.1

Also,
I’ve noticed a change in Variant reporting page?

1. GENOMICS-REPORTING\Variant Reporting - FHIR v4.0.0
  2. Genomics Reporting Implementation Guide

Thanks!

It depends on what you mean by ‘current’ :slight_smile:

The first link is to the January 2019 ballot release of the specification. The second is to the “continuous integration build”. If you click on the yellow bar at the top of either of those pages, you’ll get to a list of all of the versions.

There are actually a few other links that may be relevant:

• Genomics Reporting Implementation Guide is the current “official” version of the implementation guide. It’s the version that came out about 11 months after the January 2019 ballot, reflecting changes agreed to as part of the ballot process.
  • HL7.FHIR.UV.GENOMICS-REPORTING\IG Home Page - FHIR v4.0.1 is the 2021 May ballot and is the most recent ‘stable’ release, though it’s not an official release
  • The CI build release you linked to includes a bunch of changes since that ballot release and is the closest to what will be the next official release, probably in the next few months. However, it’s not stable. It can change multiple times per day as the content of the IG is updated to reflect requested changes

There’s supposed to be an index of all of the releases here, reachable from the yellow bar near the top of the home page of each release. However, for some reason it’s empty. I’ve raised an issue and hopefully it’ll be fixed soon.

Each of the IG pages exist within each release.

1 Like