Make Firebase project FHIR-compatible?

Hi all, I’m new to using FHIR. Is it possible to make an existing Firebase project FHIR-compatible? My project uses Firebase mostly as a database for info sent to us by an application. My idea is to convert the existing data into FHIR resources but I’m not sure what to do after that. How do I approach turning a Firebase project into a FHIR server?

Depending on what exactly you mean by making your project “FHIR-compatible” I suggest you take a look at these open source FHIR implementations on the FHIR Wiki to see which project you could leverage for your needs, for example on there you will find a JavaScript library that allows your app to talk to a FHIR server

Hi

I just wanted to ask how you got on with this? We may have a similar issue soon. I couldn’t find any way to directly contact you, so hope you don’t mind me asking on here.

If you want to get in touch directly you should be able to easily find me by searching my name. Thanks,

Hi Alan! I sent you a reply on Zulip.

Hi Jana and Alan, I am in the same situation. Our data is a Firebase db and I’m exploring the possibility of transform the existing data into FHIR resources. Is there a possibility to contact you? Thanks!