New to FHIR - Need help with setting up FHIR with existing MySQL database

I am new to FHIR and its implementation. I have been playing around with HAPI FHIR (Java Implementation) and used hapi-server-example project to use it with MySQL database. I found a script online which created a testing database and I was able to successfully create patient, resource, organization etc and getting back the data from database.

I have an existing database with real patient data. It does not follow the schema of the testing database. I am unable to find any tutorial or information on how to connect FHIR with my existing database with real patient database. Can someone here please guide on how to do that. I have spent more than a week searching for information related to this topic and it has been in vain.

You might want to post on the HAPI stream on http://chat.fhir.org. In general, you’ll probably want to use a tool like Hybernate to map between your relational data store and the FHIR object representations.

Thank you for your reply. I have asked the same question over there. They suggested the same. I just need a working example to see how it is done. I can work from there.

Hi,
sorry for the revive.
Did you have any luck with that? :slight_smile: Im in the same shoes now…
thanks