Observation Resource Implementation information

Have you tried to do the mapping? Have you read through the v2 mapping IG and seen how they’ve mapped it? (Keep in mind, support is given by volunteers - we’re not going to do the work for you :>)

Dear Sir,
Thank for your message. Yes, I know, I am doing but facing difficulties therefore, asking to just tell me, I am not asking implementation help. I am asking either the data in this segment is map to ServiceRequest resource only or this data could be map to multiple resource like you mentioned in your previous message that sometime the data from a single segment could be map to multiple resources depend upon the situation. Therefore, I want to confirm it. Please advice me.
Thanks,
Ayaz

Part of the work is going through each field, finding it in the v2 mapping IG and figuring out where it should go in your FHIR repository. If you go through all of the fields and find one or two that aren’t documented and you can’t find a home for, then that’s an appropriate time to reach out for help. But you can’t expect others to go through that step for you.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Your valuable advices helped me a lot. I have one short question here, I am mapping the following message to FHIR resources

MSH|^~&|MIRTH_CONNECT|Brown-HOSPITAL|RECEIVING APP|Blue-HOSPITAL|20210830024019||ADT^A04^ACK|5230|T|2.5|||||||||
EVN|A01|20210830024019|||||
PID|||MRN015^^^Patient-~390-11-0123^^^SSN-||Allison^Charles||19600517|F|||2544 Oakridge Farm Lane^^West Bend^Wisconsin^53090^US||262-301-2633^PRN^^~AllisonWCharles@fleckens.hu^NET^^||||||||||||||||||||||||||
PV1|1|I|4E^IS^Lab^Brown Hospital||||Dr.John|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
OBX|1|NM|^Body Height||156|cm^Centimeters^ISO+|||||F||||||||
OBX|2|NM|^Body Weight||98.8|kg^Kilogram^ISO+|||||F||||||||

Now I created the following resources

1. Patient [From PID segment]
  2. Encounter [From PV1 segment]
  3. Observation [ from OBX|1| ]
  4. Observation [ from OBX|2| ]

I created these resources from the data mentioned in these segments and test on Hapi-fhir server as well. It’s work fine.

Now, I plan to push these resources to FHIR server, why not to put all these resources into bundle and push to FHIR sever.

Therefore, I want to create a bundle, put all these resources and push to the FHIR server. I would be so thankful if you could please answer me the following question

1. Does it possible to create bundle resource and put all these four resources in it and then push bundle to FHIR server…?

2. There should be two observation resources [ one from OBX 1 and second from OBX 2) Am I right ?
    You advice me before about this to create two observation resources here., so I created two resources

3. The Encounter resources should be also the part of bundle resources, Am I right?

I would be so thankful if you could please answer these question.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks an advice.
PS: Actually, I am new in FHIR implementation, therefore, want to verify everything from you here. Because, after your verification, I become satisfied that the things are going well.
Thanks,
Ayaz

Have you read up about the different types of Bundles and what they do? Transaction, document or message are all possibilities, but they all accomplish different things and have different ramifications for workflow and for the amount of negotiation with and customization that will be necessary for the target system to consume the data you have.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your message and valuable advise. I really appreciate your feedback and it give me a lot of help.
Yes, I read a lot about different types bundles. I told you before, I am not working on real system. I am just converting these messages to FHIR resources and stored on local machine. Therefore, I think in my case ( Transaction or message) type would be okay, and you also advise me before that for this data transaction type is okay and in most cases this type is working well. Therefore, the transaction is okay.
I am just asking, should it possible to create a single bundle of type transaction and put all these four resources ( 1. Patient [From PID segment] ,2. Encounter [From PV1 segment] ,3. Observation [ from OBX|1| ] ,4. Observation [ from OBX|2| ] ).
If later on I plan to include the MessageHeader, then I will change the type of message…
Please advice me.
Thanks,
Ayaz

Using transaction is completely viable - though you’ll have to figure out whether you want to perform a ‘create’, ‘update’, or one of the conditional variants.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your prompt message. It is great that transaction is okay. I told you before, I not working on the real system. I just need to map the this HL7 v2 message and stored in the FHIR server. Therefore, I think create operation(POST) is okay. Please give me your comments.
Also, as I told you I am new in this area, therefore, need you bit guidance here.
When I create a bundle resource then, I will show you here, and after your confirmation, I will post to the sever.
Could you please give me this favor that you check my resource, before posting.
Also, for this message, these resources(Patient, Encounter, Observations) are okay OR I will also also included the MessageHeader resource as well. Need your advise.
Thanks,

It is ok to be new and to have questions, but it is also important that you work to figure out as much as you can on your own - you’ll need to read the specification, play around with test servers and see what works and then ask questions only if you find wording in the specification that is unclear or run into problems with testing that after reading through the exception results and trying a few alternative approaches, that you can’t find a way around. The documentation is pretty clear about where MessageHeader is needed and appropriate (and where it’s not). No need to share your instance here before trying to send it to a server.