I am trying to identify if Observation resource can be used for capturing lab results. The data can be very specific to the lab that is sending the information. Some of the data elements for example -
- sequential number representing an element of a lab test result
- Specifies the volume of specimen collected from the Patient.
- Identifies the units used for quantifying the volume of specimen collected.
- identifier of the test performed as defined by the laboratory
- Healthcare Common Procedure Code or Current Procedural Terminology code
- patient specific details like age at the time of an observation