„query“ reference on StructureDefinition

Hey, when working with the FHIR Mapping Language, in which contaxt is the „query“ reference on StructureDefinition used? I read the definition in Mapping-language - FHIR v4.0.1, but still not sure on when it should be used. Thanks in advance!

Hi igotPOWA,

that part of the mapping language is still up to debate and currently undefined behaviour. The main idea (at least my interpretation of it) is that you can ask the environment that executes your mapping file to resolve an already existing instance of a FHIR resource based on some query. For that reason the specification contains a stub for “Mapping Support API” (Mapping-language - FHIR v4.0.1). It’s undefined where and how you would specify such a search query.

If you have a solid use case for it and/or a proposal on how it should look like, please feel free to make a suggestion. Happy to discuss any change request for the specification. To reach more people I suggest to move the conversion to https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/181579-mapping-framework