Send PDF to EHR

I want to send pdf to EHR. How I can achieve this?

Thanks

I’m assuming you mean “using FHIR”. A PDF would typically be sent using DocumentReference, though sending it as part of a DiagnosticReport or Observation or even as a Binary is also possible. So it depends a bit on how you want it shared and what other information you have about it. There’s also a question of what the EHR has ‘write’ support for - which in some cases may be nothing.

Hi lloyd,

I am new to this platform. currently I’ll be sending both type reports Diagnostic or Observation. Please help me with any of them either sending report as the diagnostic or observation. It will be helpful if you can provide any document.

Thanks

Have you read through the FHIR spec on RESTful transmission and read through the pages for the resources I mentioned? Have you tried working with any of the public test servers? I’ll need more information on exactly what you’ve tried and what you’re having trouble with to provide more guidance.

Yes I gone through the documentation of open epic in which there is documentReference api in which we can only send text/plain, for DiagnosticReport there is no create api available there.In Observation there is create api available but I don’t know where to attach my pdf there.Is there any other resource I need to use apart from epic or this can be done in free version of epic only ?

Thanks

It looks like Epic doesn’t yet support ‘create’ for PDFs. (It’s always best to provide full details about what you’re trying to do and what you’ve already tried when you ask a question - it lets us provide a useful answer more quickly.)

Hi lloyd,

Thanks for your answers . Can you tell me what I can use instead of Epic to achieve this ? It will be helpful if you can provide any document for that.

If you’re trying to send to Epic, then you need to send to Epic. The question is “what kind of EMR are you sending to?” Some EHRs have interface capabilities other than FHIR (e.g. v2 or custom APIs). If the EHR you’re trying to communicate with doesn’t support what you need with FHIR, you can follow up with them to find out if they support what you need by some other mechanism.