Special SNOMED codes

Hi all,
I am searching for some “special” SNOMED codes to use with FIHR.
Specifically I need to know what code I can use for “NONE” concept that I will use for example for condition resource.
As a matter of fact, I doubt that kind of codes exists due to I have spent several hours searching for.
If you have a suggestion on how to handle it will help me a lot.

Thank you in advance.

Hi. I suspect you are correct that the “special” codes that you are thinking of probably don’t exist in SNOMED CT (or other standard terminologies). It is possible to encode the idea of “none” (and similar negated concepts), but the correct or best ways to do that are likely rather context specific, so it would be best to look at more detailed examples in order to be able to provide you with the best advice. I think that the best place to ask the questions for how to do this in the FHIR Condition resource would be as a topic in the FHIR Zulip chat implementers stream (this is a very busy stream) and call it to the attention of Michelle Miller and others in the Patient Care Work Group (which is responsible for that resource). And for more specific terminology questions it may also be useful to ask those in the terminology stream. If you ask your questions and provide some examples there I believe you will get some useful answers. I hope that helps!

Rob

I’ll just add that the example value set bound to Condition.code (http://build.fhir.org/valueset-condition-code.html) does include SNOMED 160245001 (No current problems or disability). Beyond that, I agree with Rob’s next steps.