Unknown code {urn:ietf:bcp:47}de for 'urn:ietf:bcp:47#de'

Hi, I’m trying to validate a bundle against a profile and I’m getting the following error:

<issue>
      <severity value="error"/>
      <code value="processing"/>
      <diagnostics value="Unknown code {urn:ietf:bcp:47}de for 'urn:ietf:bcp:47#de'"/>
      <location value="Bundle.entry[1].resource.ofType(Patient).communication[0].language.coding[0]"/>
      <location value="Line 258, Col 21"/>
   </issue>

Here is the snippet of the Bundle which is causing the error:

<communication>
          <language>
            <coding>
              <system value="urn:ietf:bcp:47"/>
              <code value="de"/>
            </coding>
          </language>
          <preferred value="true"/>
</communication>

I tried uploading a CodeSystem (HL7.TERMINOLOGY\Tags for the Identification of Languages - FHIR v4.0.1) and a ValueSet (Valueset-all-languages - FHIR v4.0.1), but both seem to not fix the issue.

Would be very thankful, if somebody would have an idea how to fix the error. Thanks!

What validator are you using? What terminology server are you asking it to hit?

I’m using a local hapi server which is in a docker (Docker Hub) and also additionally I’m using for some testing purposes the public hapi FHIR server (http://hapi.fhir.org/baseR4). On both servers I’m getting the same issue.

About which validator is used, I’m not quite sure. Where exactly should I look up the validator in the CapabilityStatment? Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you’d be using the validator built into HAPI. It probably uses tx.fhir.org, though it could use something else. You may need to reach out to HAPI directly.